Saturday, August 15, 2009

Another Trip to West Africa

Today Deron headed off for a week-long trip to Burkina Faso. He'll be attending a meeting of missionary team leaders from several countries around West Africa, including Burkina Faso, Niger, Cote d'Ivoire and Togo. I'm pretty envious because he gets to see lots of our good friends from Abidjan and other parts of West Africa. I would love to see them all and introduce them to Kylie! Deron is very excited about this opportunity to reconnect with so many colleagues in that part of the world, although it's hard for him to leave "his girls" behind.

Please pray for us:

  • that Deron will travel safely and stay healthy
  • that the meetings will go well and that attendees will have spirits of grace and understanding as they talk about the many changes taking place in our organization
  • that Deron will have confidence as he presents a session on child safety
  • that Kylie and I will survive a week of single parenting (I'm very grateful my mom will be around and is more than willing to help out -- what a blessing!)

No comments: