For the past few weeks the communication team has been working on a series of stories about Johannesburg -- the people, places and ministries that make this such a great and interesting city. I've been interviewing lots of Joburg residents on their thoughts about their city -- what they like and don't like, how they'd describe it to people who've never been here, etc.It reminded me there are still LOTS of places in Joburg I've never been to. When we moved here I had great intentions of seeing them all, but it's so easy to get settled into a routine and forget to explore your own surroundings.
So, today we went on an excursion to the Johannesburg Botanical Gardens, a huge park that has a dam, manicured gardens and also lots of open spaces to run, walk dogs, ride bikes, fly kites or sit in the shade for a picnic or a snooze. The weather is getting really nice (it's springtime in Joburg) and it was great to be outside for a few hours. We also took different routes to and from the park, so we drove through parts of town we've never seen before. It was a great break from routine and I hope we'll do it more often!


No comments:
Post a Comment