Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Fiesta

This weekend a missionary couple who used to live in Abidjan moved back here, and a couple of nights ago there was a "Welcome Back" party for them -- a Mexican-themed progressive dinner.

We started out with appetizers at Emily and Jesse's apartment (praise God, Jesse is feeling much better and has once again joined the land of the living!). Then we ate enchiladas and busted a pinata at Larry and Lucy's house:

The final course was at our house, where we served dessert:

(I know it looks like fried chicken but it is really sopapillas)

We also played Latino-themed Pictionary. Here's Deron attempting to draw Colombia for the clue "Colombian coffee."

We had never participated in a progressive dinner before. Some of the older (ahem, I mean, "more experienced") missionaries told us they regularly used to host progressive dinners and mystery dinners like this, so we wanted to give it a try. It's mucho fun!

Here are a couple of praises and prayer requests:

-- Praise that Jesse is feeling much better. Please pray that she'll quickly regain all her strength because she's flying to London this weekend for a vacation with her parents.

--In early Nov, I (MB) will be in Missouri at the West Africa Summit. This conference brings together churches who are exploring options for involvement in West Africa missions. If you want to come, visit
http://www.mobaptist.org/home/WestAfricaSummit -- I'd love to see you! Please be in prayer that many churches will attend and be inspired to partner with us to share Christ throughout West Africa.

No comments: