I'm back home in Abidjan after my trip to the US. Thanks for praying for us during this time -- it was a really great trip and Deron somehow managed to survive without me. :) It seems he was quite the social butterfly while I was away, cooking dinner for people and eating out with lots of friends and collagues passing through town.
The media conference in Florida was great -- 40+ media peeps from around the world packed into a cramped recording studio, sharing ideas, opinions and best practices from their ministries. There was an exciting spirit of unity and collaboration as we talked about innovative new ways to reach the nations and to mobilize Christians to get involved in global missions. I'm so glad I got to attend! After the meeting, it was even more wonderful to spend a few days with my family in Alabama. It was a whirlwind of activity and I returned home kind of exhausted, but it was worth it! Here are some of the highlights and memorable moments:

-- a family reunion on my aunt's farm. It was a beautiful place and a very restful experience ... excluding a rather unpleasant encounter with a horse named Bubba who bit me on the arm.
-- eating Chick-fil-A not once, not twice, but four times! Also a couple of good visits with my good friends Ben & Jerry.
-- shopping! I brought back DVDs, music, clothes and lots of junk food. This will sound weird, but it was so nice to be able to go to a store and try on clothes. Since everything we buy here is made by tailors, there aren't many good retail shopping experiences.
-- watching my sister-in-law compete in a triathlon. She placed first in her age group. Go, Jodie!-- seeing my brothers, grandparents and aunt for the first time in a year and a half! And seeing my parents again so soon after visiting them at Christmas.

-- a visit from Deron's parents from Mississippi. I'm blessed to have such wonderful, sweet in-laws!
-- eating Mexican food with old friends Margie and Mary (my teammates when I worked in Hollywood) and new friend Sue (the writer from Kenya who recently visited us in Abidjan). Lots of laughter and girl talk around a basket of chips and salsa -- what more could you ask for?
-- spending time with the many brilliant people who are working in media missions around the world. They are inspiring and visionary and I just love being around them!
1 comment:
Glad to hear that you made it safely back to Deron and that he survived while you were gone :)
Hopefully next time y'all are in the states we will get to see you. We miss y'all!
God's Blessings~
We love you,
Chris, Tiff, and kids :)
Post a Comment