Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Trip to the U.S.A.

On Friday I (MB) will be leaving for a 12-day trip to the United States! I'll be attending a gathering of people like me (that is, regional media strategists) from all over the world. It should be a great time to hear what other regions are doing, discover some good ideas, and hopefully give my creative juices a little jolt.

It will also be great to see old friends and familiar places -- the meeting is in Hollywood, FL, where I started out my media missionary career (as a journeyman graphic designer) almost seven years ago! I think it was my favorite place that I've ever lived, so I'm excited to go back.

AND, after the meeting is over, I get to go to Alabama for four days to visit with family -- that's even better! My parents will even be there, and Deron's parents are coming to see me, too!
We really wish Deron could go, but we have to save up vacation days and dollars. (He gets to go to a conference in Virginia later in the year, so he will get to go to America eventually.)

Prayer Requests
-- Pray that I'll have lots of strength and energy during my time in the US. It's going to be fun but really busy.

-- Pray Deron won't be too lonely while he's here by himself. :(

-- Pray for the media conference:
  • that it will be a good time of learning, encouragement and networking.
  • that participants will come away with new ideas that will bear lots of fruit for the Kingdom.
  • that we'll have wisdom and discernment as I facilitate sessions and lead a devotion on Thursday, May 24 -- I'm a little nervous because it's a group of 40+ people.
As always, thanks for your prayers and support.

A Bonus
In the following post you'll find a little bonus -- funny signs we saw during last month's trip to Ghana:

2 comments:

MMS said...

WOW! I'm so jealous you'll be at the CBCC. Is it still called that? Anyways, I feel SO old now--7 years ago! It seems like just yesterday and yet lifetimes ago! Can't wait to hear the update!

Scott and Malinda Elledge said...

I positively adore the funny signs! Please call me if you get the chance while you're stateside.
Much love.