Saturday, October 06, 2007

Tacky Birthday Party and Fried Food Festival

Again, I apologize that it's been sooo long since you got a real post from us. I feel like the last few weeks have been a somewhat monotonous rhythm of work-eat-sleep, work-eat-sleep. We've been spending lots of quality time at the office!

The good news is -- all the hard work is paying off! We wrapped up one project (the 2008 calendar) in a record amount of time, and are
so close to being finished with the church training materials project. Woo-hoo!

In the midst of all the work, we did have time for some occasional fun. Last weekend was Emily's birthday party -- we all dressed up in silly outfits to host a murder mystery dinner on a the world's tackiest cruise ship! Deron played a laid-back oil tycoon and I was his Southern belle wife.
One night last week we got a craving for good ol' Southern cookin', so we had a fried food party. Those of you who are health conscious might want to avert your eyes for this next series of photos...

In an attempt to make even the healthy stuff un-healthy, we even fried the zucchini!


Look at all that grease! We could feel our arteries clogging, but it sure was tasty!

2 comments:

shadrach said...

Hey you guys, I'm a blogger now. This still is more personal thatn ministry related, so I don't hink it's really something to tell everybody about, but I wanted you guys to know about it.

Senegal is going okay, but the kids are sick now with some sort of cold and fever. I just finished cleaning up puke. Fun!

peace,

Shad

Jesse said...

I still can't believe we ate all that fried food. Something is seriously wrong with us!