In spite of all the meetings we have had some fun too. There have been lots of sports parties at our house -- Super Bowl, Africa Cup, etc. Our living room is frequently crowded with people randomly yelling at the TV. The funniest was when our guard hovered outside the dining room window so he could also watch, excitedly yelling in French while everyone else yelled in English. It was like multi-lingual surround sound.
Last Saturday was my 30th birthday. Emily and Jesse concocted a scavenger hunt in which a gaudy, tacky accessory was connected to every clue I discovered. I had to wear them around the neighborhood while guards, shop keepers and neighbors sang "Joyeux Anniversaire" and adorned me with yet another frilly scarf. It was hilarious!
Then everyone took me out to eat at the Moroccan restaurant. It was a good day! At first it was kind of depressing to think of being 30; it's like I'm finally a full-fledged adult and there's no going back. But so far 30 has been good to me. :)
1 comment:
Happy Birthday! I'm jealous that you got to go to that Moroccan restaurant again. That place rocked.
And from your picture it looks like Emily is hanging out in the corner with the cool lamp again (photo).
Post a Comment