Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day Party

Last night we hosted a Valentine's Day party for the eight missionary kids in our neighborhood. We wanted to give the parents a date night opportunity, and also thought it would be a fun excuse to have a party!

We played games, ate cookies, made lots of noise, crafted Valentines, and watched a cartoon on the big screen (aka a projector on the wall). We even got on our knees to play kiddie-sized pin the tail on the donkey (or pin the heart in the flower garden, I should say).

The prep work was kind of tiring, but the party itself was lots of fun!


A Glimpse into the Not-Too-Distant Future ...

Here I am with the youngest party-goer, 14-month-old Christiana. Just a little taste of what life will be like in the near future -- crazy!


Personally I'm hoping for a pink stroller (a.k.a. girl) too, but Deron would rather have a boy. Of course we'll be happy with either one! I'm right at 17 weeks so we should find out the baby's sex in the next few weeks.

For now, feel free to call him/her Clementine, or Herb, or Nu'keese -- whatever strikes your fancy. (Those are the names being used so far!)

3 comments:

Brandi said...

i'll keep my fingers crossed for a "clementine!" :D

Anonymous said...

so far, I'll say a boy was little easier. Our latest seems to cry/whine ALOT.
Good luck!
-juliana

McAfees said...

Thanks so much for watching the kiddos. Our kids loved spending time with you as usual and we enjoyed a little time out! ;) And I personally seriously enjoyed the cookie and the candy!!!
Heather