
Today I (Mary Beth) am heading to Zimbabwe (the country just north of South Africa) with three teammates for an 11-day trip. We're going to visit with missionaries and local believers and hear their stories of what life is like in Zimbabwe these days. Some days we'll be faced with some rough, West Africa style conditions (sleeping in tents, no running water or electricity, etc). I am excited to return to the land I grew up in from ages 4-10 and visited repeatedly as a teenager. I'm sure much will be different, but I'm excited to see some familiar places and people, too.
Please pray for our team:
- that we'll have patience and joy throughout some long days ahead
- that we'll have safety on the roads
- that we'll have God's vision for who to talk to and how to capture their stories
This is the longest I've been apart from Deron and Kylie. It will be a challenge for Deron to be a single parent for that long (as it would be for me if I was the one staying behind). Kylie's been more whiny and demanding than usual, so please pray that:
- Kylie will adjust to life without mommy with minimal trouble
- that they'll enjoy their time together
- that others will step in to help watch Kylie during the day so Deron can get some work done
No comments:
Post a Comment