The missionaries asked if the women would like to know what the Bible teaches about what happens when we die. One missionary shared, “I do not fear death because I know without question that when I die I will be in heaven before the throne of grace because I have accepted and believe in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus for my sins.”
The ladies sat wide-mouthed when the missionary told them of her assurance of eternal life. Then one of them leaned over and said, "Please take me with you."
****
In a West African village, stationed between a mosque and the chief's palace, a missionary friend and a group of African believers shared the gospel with group after group of villagers. No one made a public confession of faith in Christ. Even that evening, after hundreds of people gathered to watch a powerful film about the life of Jesus, no one showed an interest.
But after the crowd died down, small groups of villagers began to cautiously approach the visiting missionaries. Fear of persecution made them afraid to publicly express their interest, but that night, in the secrecy of shadows and dark corners, about 10 villagers decided to follow Jesus.
When a missionary arrived at one desert village he was told with excitement, “There is a compound, not too far away, where they want to learn about Jesus. We must go and tell them!” Repeatedly, the missionary was told that there were lots among this people group who want to learn about Jesus, but are afraid. “You must come slowly and consistently teaching them one by one,” he was told. “If you go too fast and make a lot of noise they will run away.”
Thank you for bringing West Africa before the throne!
No comments:
Post a Comment