The mall near our house has decorated for Christmas in a somewhat unfathomable Winter Wonderland theme. It’s really beautiful, but completely incongruous with the realities of West Africa
Here I am enjoying "the snow" with some friends from Niger, who had a two-day layover in Abidjan on their way home from the conference in Togo.
Health Report
November goes down in Meilstrup family history as our sickest month to date. Deron had a viral infection, malaria, ear infections, a sore throat, and cold -- all at the same time! He seems to be over the malaria but is still battling the other stuff and recently started another round of antibiotics. He’s getting a little better every day so we’re hoping this week he’ll finally get back to full health and strength. I have recovered from the viral infection I was fighting so that is a huge answer to prayer.
Conference Report
Last week we attended the ReNew conference in
What’s Next?
This is the first week in over a month that I will be back to a “regular” office schedule. It looks like it will be filled with e-mail correspondence, tying up loose ends (of which there are MANY) on existing projects, meeting with my supervisor, and developing a project schedule for 2007.
Deron will continue working on getting well and will hopefully be able to spend time planning for some conferences he'll help facilitate next year.

GO GATORS!


2 comments:
you know they beat AR - I had friends cheering for both...
amy davis
Deron & MaryBeth,
James joins me in greeting you two at this special time of the year. Thanks for ALL you do to get the GOOD NEWS out.
MERRY CHRISTMAS...
Love,
Guinevere & James
Post a Comment