Deron's Birthday
Yesterday Deron turned the big 3-0, and we celebrated with Mexican food for lunch and a party at the bowling alley over dinner. (New missionary Daniel C. along with Deron's supervisors from Burkina Faso, David and Laurel, joined us for lunch; pretty much the whole Abidjan missionary gang went bowling that night). It was a fun and restful day!



Meal Exchange with Church Friends
Last weekend friends from our local church brought us an Ivorian meal and visited for several hours. (We made chili for them, but I don't think they liked it very much.) It was a special time to talk with them about ministry, African wedding traditions (two friends brought their fiances), our new baby, and lots more. Then the guys enjoyed some heated FIFA games on the PS3. We will miss these friends!


Four Lunches in Hausaland
I've gone twice over the last couple of weeks to visit Sarao, Aminatu and other Hausa ladies. The visits have been lots of fun and I've particularly enjoyed getting to know Sarao better. This week I was served lunch FOUR times from different ladies, and I wasn't allowed to decline any of them! So I enjoyed peanut sauce over rice, peanut sauce over maize-meal mush, leafy green sauce over rice, and ground peanuts over boiled cabbage. It all sounds weird, but honestly, it all tasted good (but I was VERY full afterwards). Please continue to pray for these women, that they'll realize Jesus is the only way to heaven. Pray also I'll be bold in sharing with them during my last couple of visits with them.
Easter and the Tailor
Today Alassane, the tailor who is seeking the Truth, dropped off some clothes, and we talked a little bit about Easter. He doesn't know the whole story, so when he comes back on Monday I plan to share it with him (I need to learn it well in French). Please pray for me as I prepare, and pray that his eyes will be open to see and accept Jesus as Savior.
No comments:
Post a Comment