Last night and this morning I spent 2-3 hours making Christmas desserts for my family. I asked my mom which kind of bon bons she wanted me to make – Red Velvet or Oreo – and she said, “Why not both?” So, I made both. They are delicious (if I do say so myself) so I thought I’d share the recipes, in case some of you are still in search of a Christmas (or New Years...) dessert to make…Red Velvet Bon Bons (courtesy of Julia Lipscomb at American HealthTech)
(requires overnight freezing)
1 box red velvet cake mix
1 can cream cheese frosting
1 pkg chocolate almond bark
Bake cake according to package directions. Let cool, then crumble and mix well with frosting (using hands seems to work best). Form mixture into balls approx. 1 inch around. Place balls on wax paper and freeze overnight, since they're too mushy to dip right away.Once balls are frozen, melt chocolate bark and dip balls in chocolate. Place on wax paper to cool. Makes approx. 50 bon bons.
(This next recipe does not require overnight freezing, since the Oreo mixture is not as gooey as the cake mixture.)
Oreo Bon Bons (aka Oreo Balls)
1 pkg Oreos
1 can cream cheese frosting
1 pkg vanilla almond bark
Crush Oreos until they are finely ground (placing the cookies in a Ziplock bag and using a rolling pin works well). Mix them with frosting (using hands seems to work best). Form mixture into balls approx. ½ to ¾ inch around.
Melt vanilla bark and dip balls into it. Place balls on wax paper and allow them to cool. Makes approx. 45 bon bons.
Enjoy and Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment